The following honorees will be inducted into the WBCA Hall of Fame on October 5th at the annual Hall of Fame Banquet.
HIGH SCHOOL COACHES
Don Anderson, Prentice
Jack Capelle, Wisconsin Dells/Barneveld
Jim Kerkvliet, Racine Park
Ralph Kramp, Milwaukee Old Notre Dame
Marty Messar, Luck
Jeff Schweitzer, Columbus
Clay Shaffer, Platteville
Ted Voigt, Lakeland
PLAYERS - GIRLS
Keisha Anderson, Racine Park
Shelly Coyle, River Valley
Heidi (Blomberg) Michaelis, Prentice
Angie (Hableib) Murphy, Middleton
Katie Voigt, Lakeland
Vicki (Voss) Gosden, Clinton
PLAYERS - BOYS
Roy Birk, Waukesha
Dick Peth, Tomah
Anthony Pieper, Wausaukee
Calvin Rayford, Milwaukee Washington
John Rushing, Milwaukee Lincoln
Travis Tuttle, Argyle
FRIENDS OF THE GAME
Bob Lehninger, Wauwatosa
Elmer Lemon, Madison
Tom Fiedler, Eau Claire
Lee Roberts, Rio
Nominees for coach must have maintained the highest possible standards of the coaching profession, and in doing so, contributed to the excellence of the game of basketball in the state of Wisconsin. Criteria are as follows:
1. An active coach must have no less than twenty (20) years of experience as a head basketball coach in the state of Wisconsin.
2. A retired coach must have no less than fifteen (15) years of experience as a head basketball coach in the state of Wisconsin and must be retired for at least one (1) year before induction.
3. Nominees for friends of basketball must be persons who have made a substantial contribution to Wisconsin basketball through their duties or deeds.
4. Nominees for referee muts have at least 25 years of referring experience.
5. A player must be at least 10 years after his or her high school playing career.
Anyone who is nominated but not inducted into the Hall of Fame will remain on the active list and need not be renominated for consideration in following years.
Anyone who wishes to nominate a candidate for possible induction into the Hall of Fame can obtain nomination forms via the nomination page of this website.